Thursday, September 27, 2007

Week 4, Thing 9 - Merlin, Feedster, etc.

Well, I located Merlin, looked around, and was able to add Merlin to my Bloglines feeds. I then started to try using Feedster - no easy feat. I started by searching for blogs, feeds, etc. from my daughter's college - nothing, unless I was not searching in the best way. I then searched for Halo 3, and got several feeds - xboxspace, Christian Science Monitor, Tactical Games - to name a few. I figured out how I would add xboxspace to my Bloglines feeds (not that I really wanted to - just wanted to know if I COULD do it!), and then started trying to comprehend the Widgets - "Greek to me", so I am moving on from Feedster. I then looked at Technorati - different because it only lets you search for blogs - I tried again to search for blogs having to do with MICA - found several in which it was mentioned, but none I was really interested in, although I didn't go down the whole list. I then tried searching for a rather obscure blog I knew existed which my daughter was required to post to for one of her classes a year or so ago, and WAS able to find it, so I guess it could be useful for looking for something you might know the title of, but not the web address. All in all, I can't see myself using a "feed-finding" source very often, but you never know, now do you?

No comments: