Saturday, October 6, 2007

Week 6, Thing 13 Del.icio.us

Boy, I am feeling more incompetent by the minute. I looked at The Several Habits of Wildly Successful Del.icio.us Users, and also at one of the other tutorials. I thought I had a bit of an idea of what this was about, but THEN I went to the PLCMCL2 account in the Discovery Exercise and tried to make a connection between it and the tutorials, and I was totally lost! Huh??? I did not see any of the tags or comments we were asked to comment on, so I gave up on that for now. Maybe I will try to set up an actual account and see if it makes more sense.

OK, I set up an account and bookmarked a few sights, and NOW the lightbulb is starting to go on! I can see how this tool would be useful for research purposes while you are involved in a project - you could access bookmarked sites both at work and at home (but could you access your bookmarks from a public computer at the library or at school? I THINK so, if I understand the premise correctly, but I will have to try it. If so, this would be VERY useful for my son, both for individual school projects and for group ones!!!). I don't quite see how this is a "social bookmarking" site, though, unless you have hours and hours to sit at the computer exploring what other people have bookmarked for no other reason except to while away the time in the name of fun!

Maybe I will explore del.icio.us further later, but for now, timewise I need to move on to Thing 14!

No comments: