Sunday, October 7, 2007

Week 6, Thing 14 Technorati

Technorati - boy, oh boy, I don't think I will ever have much use for this site! First of all, it took me a while to figure out that I had to go to Advanced Search to find a place to do a keyword search for Learning 2.0 in Blog posts, tags, and in the Blog Directory. I found: 4,362 results in Blogs, 28, 941 results in Tags, and 675 results in Blog Directory. Interestingly, I tried doing a search for "Maryland Libraries Learning 2.0" in Blogs, and got 675. Reading them was very interesting - I will save my comments about them for "Thing 23" - the wrap-up! I really did not find a whole lot I was interested in in Top Favorite Blogs, Top Searches or Top Blogs. What was surprising was a)a lot of them were in other languages, which I had not even thought about, and b)many of the blog titles appeared to have very little to do with the content, which led me astray more than once.

At any rate, moving on...!

No comments: