Friday, October 26, 2007

Week 9 - Thing 22 - Overdrive/NetLibrary

Actually, I began looking at Overdrive (set up an account, etc.) at home when I was attempting to download some "tunes" and a book to my NEW MP3 player!!! before I left for my trip to Canada. My son and I managed to add five songs - it took the two of us quite a while to figure out how to do it using "emusic" because he was used to Itunes - but didn't have time to actually attempt to download the book from the library website. So...it is still checked out to me!, and now that I am back from vacation and he has finished his HUGE outside reading project for his English class, we will have time to download the needed software to his computer (our family's newest), and try again!

I also looked at Project Gutenberg, which seems to have expanded greatly since I explored it several years ago during LATI. I did not actually download a book, though, as I did not have my MP3 player with me. I would have liked to have been able to seach specifically for children's books on this site, but could not figure out how to do so.

No comments: