Friday, October 26, 2007

Week 9 - Thing 21 - Podcasts

The number of podcasts out there is astounding! I looked at all three suggested sites, and found that they varied greatly in ease of use - i.e. - how intuitive figuring them out/navigating them was! I listened to a book review podcast - very well-done and professional, although a bit too dull for my taste, a children's story - fun! - I could see how you could use something like this in conjunction with an EASY for which we have no audio, and, for fun, Hound TV - this one was terrible as far as reception went - very choppy and difficult to understand and follow. I did add Hound TV to my Bloglines account, though, simply because the path to creating a feed was very clearly marked on podcast.net, whereas that was not the case at other sites. I could see pointing customers to certain podcasts, such as the children's storytelling/reading ones, to enrich their reading experience, but to really use this as a tool with customers, I would have to spend much more time exploring the sites before I would be comfortable recommending them.

As an aside, I found that some of the sites took considerably longer than others (or maybe it was the particular podcast I was trying to access) to make the podcast available to me - so much so that, in several cases, I lost patience and gave up without watching/listening to it.

1 comment:

Steven Pam said...

Hi Kathy,
Could you explain a little more about what you meant by "terrible as far as reception went - very choppy and difficult to understand and follow"?